Saturday, January 30, 2010

the meaning of life

Everybody has, is, or will question life, but no one really knows. people ask me "funk master what's the meaning of life?"(Yes that is my actual nickname I earned it from being the funkiest mother fucker alive.) I have been thinking about this for a while now and I think that I've finally come up with an acceptable answer, other than the family, love, and happiness bullshit.
The meaning of life is *Drum roll* the antonym of life. Now I know what you're thinking, "Wow that's pretty morbid." or, "He must be depressed." or maybe even, "How does that even answer anything?" but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. We all live this long and degrading life, buy our fancy cars, houses, boats, and raise families and the cycle continues through out. But why do we do it? So that one day we can hopefully reach pure happiness and ecstasy. Like we're going to get that with life. Some people do drugs to do reach a point of happiness and ecstasy, and realize that, depending on what drugs they take, that the best high is death. (In case you didn't know that was a line from "A panic in needle park" starring Al Pacino.) Do you have a theory? Please tell me. Also don't be a smart ass and say, "42"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write anything. Seriously, anything you want. I really don't care.